2 Easy Ways to Combine Photos on an iPhone: The basic editing of photos is easy to do with the iPhone including mixing your images. It turns out that there are a variety of ways to merge photos using an iPhone.
Below, we’ll walk you through how to combine two images on your iPad or iPhone.
How to Mix iPhone Photos using Layout
One of the most effective ways to display photos side-by side using an iPhone is using Layout, a free app. The app is from the creators of Instagram and offers various options to mix your photos.
These are the steps to follow to make use of Layout
- Start the App Store on your iPhone and look for Layout. Click the link that reads Layout on Instagram and then download the app onto your phone.
- Install the app after it’s installed.
- On the main screen of the app click on the photos you’d like to put together to create a single picture.
- Once you start tapping images, Layout displays various compositions on the top. Choose the layout that displays the photos you have selected side-by-side.
- The layout you choose will display fully-screen. If you wish, you can use the tools at the bottom of the screen to modify your image.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner to save your entire image.
- Layout can save the image to the Photos app.
- Press Done to stop editing in Layout.
How to Mix Photos using shortcuts in an iPhone
If you’re looking to combine photos that you have taken from the Photos application, Shortcuts can help you to do this. Shortcuts is an app for free operated by Apple that allows you to automate a variety of processes on your iPhone and include combining images.
In Shortcuts In Shortcuts, you must create your own shortcut which processes the chosen images, blends them, and saves the result to Photos and then saves them to Photos.
Below are some steps to build the shortcut you require:
- Start the App Store Search for Shortcuts and then install Shortcuts. Install the Shortcuts application on your device, if you don’t already have it.
- Start your Shortcuts app. On the main screen of the app click Add Shortcut to add a brand new shortcut.
- On the next screen, type in Combining Images and click that option on the list of results.
- Now , you must select the desired action:
- If you’re in Mode Select Mode Side-by-Side in order to place your images side-by-side.
- Choose one of either Horizontal and Vertical according to the way you’d like to mix your photos.
- Don’t leave your Space field unfilled if do not want to create gaps between your images.
- Find another action called Saving to Album. Click the action once it appears in results. It will then save the combined image within Photos. Photos app. Click the button beside Album within the Save to Photo Album section to select the location where your photos are saved.
- The settings icon is located in the top-right corner of the shortcut and then select the name icon and type in the name of your shortcut. Choose a name that is descriptive such as the phrase “Combine Photos” to ensure that you won’t forget about your shortcut in future.
- Make sure to enable the Share Sheet in Show toggle to ensure that you can view this shortcut within your Photos app. After that click Do it in the upper-right corner, and then Do it another time to save your shortcut.
Once you’ve made the shortcut mentioned above Here’s how you use it:
- Start your Photo App from your iPhone and choose the photos you wish to merge.
- Touch on the Share icon located in the lower left corner, then select shortcuts.
- Make sure you select the shortcut you created in the previous step and allow it to go through the process.
- You can go back to Photos to find your group photo.
Make Photos Side-byside Easy on an iPhone
There’s no need to master any complicated photo editing techniques when you wish to join photos on an iPhone. Utilizing the two simple methods above, you can swiftly and easily have all of the photos you have selected put together into one.