Sims 3 Error Code 12: Everyone can be in awe that Sims is among the best life simulator games ever created produced by EA. Although the developers have expanded the world with various Sims games, Sims 3 players have encountered an issue when playing Sims 3.
In the case of error, 12 players cannot save their progress. However, we have been able to discover a few solutions to solve the problem. Here’s our step-by-step guide to solving an error code of 12 within Sims3.
How to Fix Sims 3 Error Code 12?
Below are the solutions and the steps needed to fix the error 12:
Updates the graphic drivers.
- Press the Start button and then search for the Device Manager.
- Click on Screen adapters in order to increase the size of the graphic driver.
- Make a right click on the graphic driver, then choose the update driver option.
Clear the running Background Processes
- Press the keys Ctrl, Alt and Del together to start the Task Manager.
- Choose the background process that consume the most RAM.
- Hit to the Finish Task for a way to get rid of them.
Increase the allocation of RAM
- Find an HTML0 file. adjust your appearance as well as performance Windows as well as launch the settings.
- Select the Advanced tab and then choose the option to change under Virtual memory.
- Uncheck for the Automatically manage the size of paging files .
- Choose your C Drive and click on the Custom size option.
- You must enter at least 2GB (2000 megabytes) more than the current size of the file.
- Make sure you get the exact size on the original size as well as the largest size.
- Then, click OK and then apply an option for saving the setting.
- You may require restarting your device in order to utilize the settings.
Lower the Graphics Settings
- Launch the game , and then click the three dots to display the Options.
- Select from the graphic tab.
- Slide the settings in the the settings for detail down to low.
- Some players have reported that playing the game in the Windowed mode was also successful. Therefore, you should disable Enable Fullscreen Mode.
Cleaning out those Corrupted Saved Files
- Navigate to the saved game file of Sims 3. These files are typically found in the Documents folder of Mac and Windows players.
- Its default location is Docs, or My Documents Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Saves.
- There are several folders which end with an .bad extension. These are the files that contain saved files that failed.
- Choose these folders, then eliminate these folders and delete them .
- Then, choose the files that end by .sims3 or .backup extension and then transfer them to a new folder.
- Name the folder and save these files for backup.
- Start the game to determine if you can save your progress quickly.
Hopefully one of the workarounds should help to resolve the problem. If none of the methods worked for you, check out our Other Guide.