Search for Players on Steam 2022: What should you do if you wish to find users on Steam or What do you do if you want to find players on Steam, and do you have an option for searching for users?
These could be the thoughts on your mind when you’re looking to send an invite to a real-life buddy, a YouTuber/Streamer who is a similar-minded player, or even one who’s getting high marks on leaderboards for games.
No matter what the motivation, you can use a variety of methods for finding other users that this article will cover the steps of the method. Here’s how you can search for gamers using Steam.
How to Search for Players on Steam 2022
Let’s examine the ways you can find Steam users.
Steam Community User Search
- Open the Steam Client.
- Click on the Community tab.
- Get to the “Find People” section.
- Type the username of the person and press Enter.
- Select the user you wish to add as a friend from the drop-down suggestions that appear.
- Then click on Add as Friend.
- If they accept it, you will have a new profile on your friend list.
- Launch Steam and click on your username from the top menu.
- From the drop-down, click on Friends.
- Click on the Your friends section on the left, and then you can use the text field to search for friends by name or game.
- There’s also the Add a Friend option, allowing you to add other players by username.
- Plus, don’t forget to check the Recently Played With a section that will show you the list of players you may want to add as a friend.
Steam ID Finder
Although the options mentioned above are available directly in your Steam client, there’s an external site (steamidfinder.com) that you can use to search for users.
This is all there is to know about Steam User Search and how to locate other users on the platform. Check Elden Ring Guides.